HAPIfork: Eat slowly, lose weight, feel great!
Eating too fast leads to poor digestion and poor weight control. The HAPIfork, powered by Slow Control, is an electronic fork that helps you monitor and track your eating habits. It also alerts you with the help of indicator lights and gentle vibrations when you are eating too fast. Every time you bring food from your plate to your mouth with your fork, this action is called: a "fork serving". The HAPIfork also measures:
* How long it took to eat your meal.
* The amount of "fork servings" taken per minute.
* Intervals between "fork servings".
This information is then uploaded via USB or Bluetooth to your Online Dashboard on HAPI.com to track your progress. The HAPIfork also comes with the HAPIfork and HAPI.com apps plus a coaching program to help improve your eating behavior.
Why is it important to eat slowly?
Originally developed by Slow Control for clinical or medical use, HAPIfork has today the potential to become a must-have utensil for everyone, available in every kitchen.
Since 2002, a series of scientific studies highlighted the negative effects related to eating meals too quickly:
- Weight gain: as during the meal, satiety is felt after about 20 minutes. The faster you eat, the more you eat.
- Digestive problems: food that is eaten too quickly is often poorly chewed. The work of the digestive tract is made more difficult.
- Gastric reflux: several studies have shown that the faster one eats, the more likely the possiblity of gastric reflux.
- Postoperative complications: eating more slowly lessens the stress on weakened tissues.
Follow this link to access the latest scientific surveys about the benefits of eating slowly (a bibliography compiled by Slow Control).