Name, Age, and Professional Title:
Nicole Rashelle Blankenship, 26, Business Owner/ Cosmetic Tattoo Artist (The Brow Project), and part time professional and freelance Makeup Artist for Yves Saint Laurent and Giorgio Armani Beaute’.
Tell us about your background and brand.
I’ve been doing makeup since I could hold a brush. The world of beauty has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl. I have over 8 years of professional experience in the beauty industry. It all started in Arlington as a front desk representative at a high end resort style salon and spa in Arlington, Texas. I then relocated to the big city of Dallas for bigger and better opportunities. I then landed a job at a luxury medical spa in the heart of Northpark Mall, and that’s when I know that this was where I was meant to be. I worked my way up into management over the span of 2 years. Also, I was a certified eyelash extension specialist and did airbrush tans. I then left the company for a bigger opportunity with more growth, because I was thinking long term. I was fortunate enough to be the business manager at Nordstrom Northpark for YSL cosmetics which was their #1 door of all retailers in the nation. Me and my team were recognized by L’Oréal 2 years in a row for record breaking yearly increases. I was honored to have won the L’Oréal Luxury Service Excellence Award for YSL, and won a full page spread in WWD “Beauty Biz”. I was Nordstrom Pacesetter and All-star status with are both corporate awards for sales and service. I was then recruited by Lancôme to be their new sales and training coordinator for the Ft. Worth and Oklahoma area. That was short lived, so I came back to my YSL family, on the vendor side, as a freelance makeup artist February this year. During this time, I was contemplating on what makes me happy and what I want to do as a career, that pays the bills, and feeds my soul. I had an AH-HAH moment one day, and I decided I learned enough in the last couple of years to own and manage my very own business. That’s when I started “The Brow Project”, and decided to become a business owner and cosmetic tattoo artist.
What are some of your personal beauty regimens and tips?
I cannot stress good skincare enough to my clients, family and friends. In my personal and professional experience, the better you take care of your skin NOW, the less money you spend in the long run, and less makeup you need to apply on a daily basis that suites your needs.
- EVERYONE needs a hydrating, and vitamin c serum, whether you are dry or oily, it’s a necessity AM and PM.
- SUNSCREEN- no use taking care of your skin if you’re not protecting it.
- Clarasonic is AMAZING, maybe not for every day, but it really makes such a difference, you can look and feel the difference!
- Revita-Lash is my ultimate top secret! No more damaging lash extensions, or fake looking false lashes. I have used this product for over 4 years and recommend it anyone wanting longer and fuller lashes naturally!
- Juvederm Ultra- GAME CHANGER. I was always so self-conscious about my small lips. I have been doing this treatment for about 5 years, and I would now never go without. - My nurse that I go to is AMAZING.
- Last but not least, microblading- life changing semi-permanent eyebrow treatment. This procedure inspired my latest business venture for a reason.
What are some of your TOP shelf brands you use on clients?
The list could go on and on...
- For skincare prep: YSL TOP SECRETS GOMMAGE- granule free exfoliator. It’s perfect to use before a special makeup occasion for radiant and smooth skin.
- Favorite makeup items: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation is LIFE.
- YSL Touche eclat concealer is my all-time favorite, all women need one for home and one for their bag!
- Benefit Hoola powder and cream bronzer are the best.
Tell us about "The Brow Project."
Every day I heard from women how self-conscious they were about their brows, and how they don’t know how, or hate doing them every day. I wanted to create and movement and a brand to empower women, and help them see a version of themselves that they never knew existed.
With this semi- permanent 3D brow procedure, I can change lives and make friends every single day, and that feeds my soul.
Describe your brand in the 3 words.
Unique, Inviting and Fun.
Why do brows matter?
Not only do the brows frame the face, but they can literally change the way yourself and others look at your face. The perfect shaped brow can make or break your face. There is one thing that the most beautiful women in history, and the world have in common, they all have amazing brows.
Any current specials going on?
I’m running a $400 limited time promo special, which includes the required 6 week touch up in the cost.
How do you want DFW beauties (and gents!) to feel when they leave your chair?
I want my brow project beauties to feel confident, empowered and more beautiful than they already are.