1. You need to shave before your appointment so the technician can place the laser directly on the root of the hair.
2. Stay out of the sun before your appointment.
3. Avoid waxing up to 4 weeks before your appointment. The laser targets the pigment of your hair follicle, and the follicle actually has to be there in order for this to work.
4. It takes at least 5-6 sessions to achieve perfection.
5. Stay consistent with your appointments. Space them out every 4-6 weeks so you hair has enough time to cycle as your hair follicles are on their own growth cycle.
6. Some hair and skin types might be a little harder to treat but it’s still possible. Dark hair follicles are usually easy to treat because, again, the laser targets the hair’s pigment. This is also why gray, white, blonde, and red pigments can be tricky.
7. Avoid direct sunlight on that area and always use a moisturizer with SPF to prevent additional redness.
8. During your treatment, the sensation will feel like a rubber band snapping against your skin. Each session is about 20-30 minutes depending on what you are getting done.
9. During the next day or two after, it’s normal for your skin to appear a little red. Avoid excessive heat and apply Aloe Vera to relive redness.
10. The permanent results from your laser hair removal are something you will never forget.