As the fall and winter seasons make their ways into our lives, many people will say goodbye to that summer glow. The beautiful skin kissed by the sun that they have adored all summer long will fade. They will brace themselves for the dull and dry skin that will consume their body throughout the fall and winter months. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way. Believe it or not, there are things that people can do to have beautiful, plump skin all winter long.
- Plan aggressive skin treatments. Throughout the fall and winter, it’s ideal to opt for skin treatments that are more aggressive. These include peels, such as glycolic, salicylic, or lactic acids, which will help to refine the skin and get rid of any sun damage acquired over the summer. Depending on the strength of the peel, it can usually be done every 2-4 weeks during the fall and winter, when you won’t be exposed to as much as sun.
- Keep protecting the skin. Even though summer is over, it’s important to continue wearing sun protection. The UV rays can go right through the clouds and damage the skin. Opt for using an SPF 15 or higher every day, even if you can’t see the sun shining outside. Choose a physical sunscreen, such as titanium and zinc oxide, which provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
- Have a good routine. Now is the time to have a good skin care routine. Make sure to be on a good skin regimen with a cleanser, serum, moisturizer and sun block. Make sure to also wash your makeup off every evening and use skin care products both in the morning and the evening. A good skin care routine is essential to healthy skin. Think of it as brushing your teeth every day to prevent damage.
- Go pro. See a licensed skin care specialist every month or at the least, every few months. Just like you go to a professional dentist to clean your teeth, you should see an esthetician to thoroughly clean your skin and give you tips to keep your skin healthy. Usually during a facial, an esthetician examines your skin and tells you about your skin type as well as cleansing, exfoliation, extractions and masking. Check out the BEST facials in Dallas HERE.
- Avoid tanning beds. It may be tempting to use a tanning bed during fall or winter, but they are very damaging to your skin and can accelerate skin damage and even cause cancer. A much safer alternative is getting a spray tan that gives you a healthy glow without the damage. Check out Simply Glowing and The Bronzetique.