Amy Vanderoef is best known from her role as the Emmy-nominated host on WFAA’s Good Morning Texas and on-air personality on the Rodney Anderson Show on Talk Radio 1190 AM. Her television career has taken her everywhere from the set of Dancing with the Stars, to ABC’s The View and countless red carpet events!
We caught up the local beauty for a quick chat and more... see below!
Name & Age
Amy Vanderoef - age is same as my twin sister ( wink wink)! Yes, I really do have a twin! She is 42 ;)
A little background:
I'm best known in DFW for the decade I spent on morning Television. WFAA/Good Morning Texas. These days you can find me on iHeartRadio on 1190AM weekdays 11-12pm with Rodney Anderson.
What are your beauty regimen(s) and tips?
I never go to bed with make-up on. Ever!
I'm also a big fan of Guerlain makeup. Follow Marcus Monson on instagram!
* DFW Beauty Pick: Guerlain - KISSKISS
What are your favorite local DFW beauty brands and/or beauty related services?
- Jean Philippe Salon in Dallas has taken care of my hair for 10 years. Best salon in Dallas! Amazing color and blowouts.
- Check out the work Dr. J is doing at Innovations medical- his cellulite treatments WORK!
- Enlighten medical spa is my new go-to for innovative cosmetic procedures. Like for brows! Stay tuned for my micro-blading pics.
- Fly Barbershop Pomade is a must-have for every DFW man. Even my son Wyatt has one!
- Treat your nails better with Miniluxe. The NEW hybrid polish is perfect for those of us who are in rush. Polish is smudge-proof in 5 minutes!
If you could have dinner with any local DFW woman, who would it be?
This is so easy. Leeann Locken and Heidi Dillion. I pride myself in being a master in the Art of Conversation. These two have a high-level banter game that rivals mine!
Any last words for our DFW beauties?
I am in an image driven business...
After 10 years of daily television where my hair, outfit, nail polish, weight loss and/or weight gain etc., was scrutinized consistently, I've learned to handle the critics.
DFW has been very kind to me, I've dealt with a fraction of what others have had to. With this said, my advice to my DFW beauties is take it easy on yourself. We are all balancing so much with work, home, finances and aging parents.
Take a deep breath and smile, because that is the best beauty accessory you have.