Mannatech’s Tips on How to Proactively Protect Your Skin
For those who do not maintain a consistent skincare regimen, they may experience signs of premature aging. Experts suggest beginning a consistent skincare regimen in your early twenties. No matter the age or skin type, individuals must be proactive in protecting their skin in order to prevent signs of premature aging.
“We all need to be cognizant of our skin’s condition and the visible and invisible changes that are taking place because of aging and damage caused by exposure to harsh environmental conditions,” said Dr. Robert Sinnott, CEO of Mannatech Inc., and Chief Science Officer. “Even if you are in your 20s, you should be aware of the warning signs of damaged skin and how to combat them. To help our customers understand what to look for and how to take action to help maintain healthy skin, we suggest following these tips to identify skin problems and proactively treat these issues.”
First Signs of Aging
· Dry, less-elastic skin – As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and less collagen is produced. According to the Dartmouth Undergraduate Journal of Science (DUJS), “After the age of 20, one percent less of collagen is produced in the dermis each year.” The skin can become dry and dull, which makes the appearance of fine lines more noticeable.
· Fine lines – Inelastic and brittle skin eventually leads to wrinkles. DUJS also notes that “In our twenties, the skin’s exfoliation process decreases by 28 percent as well, causing dead skin cells to accumulate and stick together for longer periods of time. In our thirties, the transfer of moisture from the dermis to the epidermis is slowed and fat cells start to shrink.”
· Dark under eye circles – As the skin thins, including the fragile skin around the eyes, dark circles may become more apparent, which can make us look older.
Invisible Signs of Aging
· Free radicals, which cannot be seen, are highly reactive molecules generated naturally by our bodies. The more we have, the faster our skin shows signs of aging and the older we look. They can damage collagen and elastin fibers and even DNA, causing our skin to appear older than we really are.
· Chronic exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light, invisible rays from the sun, break down collagen and speed up the appearance of aging.
· Excessive alcohol use, which doesn’t appear to affect the skin immediately, dehydrates the skin causing dryness and wrinkling.
“If you experience any of the first signs of aging, it’s time to take control of your skincare regimen,” said Dr. Sinnott. “The invisible signs can really creep up on you. In order to help your skin stay healthy and young for as long as possible, you have to get ahead of those problems early on.”
Proactively Protect Yourself
It is never to late to implement a skincare regimen. Here’s how to fight back against the signs of aging:
· Follow a consistent skincare regimen – Be sure you’re cleansing and exfoliating the skin on a regular basis while hydrating and protecting the skin from the sun. Mannatech’s Generation Ūth™ Skincare System includes a facial cleanser, moisturizer and its revolutionary age-fighting Ūth Rejuvenation Crème, which helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
· Incorporate antioxidants into your diet – An antioxidant is a substance that can inhibit oxidation and may protect the body from the effects of free radicals. Supplements providing mixtures of sensibly dosed antioxidant nutrients are particularly effective at exerting antioxidant effects. Mannatech’s Ambrotose AO® capsules provide a blend of antioxidant ingredients for maximum benefit and is one of the most effective supplements containing sensible amounts of antioxidant nutrients on the market today.*
· Take fish oil – By adding Omega-3 fatty acids into your diet, you can help support your brain, cardiovascular and heart health, which in turn promote an overall healthier you. Mannatech’s Omega-3 with Vitamin D3 capsules gives you the Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D you need to support healthy triglyceride levels within the normal range and can help you maintain a healthy immune system.*
“Taking proper care of your skin is easy when incorporated with your daily routine,” said Dr. Sinnott. “Our customers are in a unique position because our products don’t just address the superficial issues but go deeper to treat the skin holistically from the inside and out.”